Our staff are down-to-earth people just like you, so they're easy to talk to
Michael graduated from the University of Tasmania with a Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Law with Honours in Law and a Major in Chemistry. He previously worked in civil and criminal litigation at another Hobart law firm before joining Murdoch Clarke in March 2020.
Michael takes on all types of litigious matters and advocates for his own clients in Court. Michael has successfully appeared in the Supreme Court for jury trials and appeals and appears regularly in various Courts and Tribunals for both privately funded and legally aided clients.
Michael’s practice areas include:
- Criminal law;
- Injuries compensation including Workers compensation;
- Estate and will litigation;
- Contractual disputes, construction disputes and debt recovery;
- Restraint and family violence order matters;
- General civil disputes and matters involving Court appearances.
Michael is a close follower of AFL and cricket. He is a proud premiership player with the South Hobart Sandy Bay Cricket Club. He is also a member of the Southern Young Lawyers Committee and volunteers legal assistance at Hobart Community Legal.